Let’s get down and enjoy a perfectly ravishing delicious cake. Actually this cake is known as coffee cake because this cake is served along with coffee. This cake can surely be delicious and earn you accolades. So let’s begin with the recipe of this juicy, buttery and crunchy raspberry cake.
Raspberry Coffee cake with creme cheese
You’ll get all your most loved flavors in a single bite.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
For the Cake Base
- 1 1/2 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter- softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the streusel topping:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tbsp chilled butter (cubed)
Ingredients for the filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- egg white
- 1 cup washed and drained raspberries
- Get the oven preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Now take an 8” springform pan and grease it along with lining it with parchment paper. Keep it aside.
- For the filling: Start mixing the cream cheese & sugar together on a medium-low speed until it feels creamy. Now add egg white and start mixing at low speed to ensure combining. Keep it aside.
- For the cake batter: Take a bowl and stir together flour, soda, baking powder and salt. Keep it aside.
- Take an electric mixer and combine the butter & sugar on medium-low speed till creamy. Now add the egg and the egg yolk along with vanilla extract. Make sure you mix slowly in the flour mixture and alternating adding the sour cream. Now transfer slowly the complete batter into the greased and lined pan and smoothen it out with a spatula.
- Slowly and smoothly spread the cream cheese filling over the top. Finally put some raspberries on the cream cheese filling.
- To prepare the topping: Combine butter, sugar and flour in a bowl. Take a pastry blender or a fork to make the mixture crumbly. Ensure pea-sized crumbs for the streusel.
- Sprinkle this streusel over the top of raspberries.
- Now bake it for 40-45 minutes and check it by using a tooth pick. If it comes out clean then, cake is prepared.
- Cool the cake on a rack and very carefully run a knife around the edges of cake and loosen out the ring of springform pan.
- Chill in the fridge and serve it along with a hot cup of coffee.
This buttery and moist cake will leave you and your guests spellbound and down the lane into heaven. The crunchy streusel and juicy raspberries will make your D-Day worth memorable.
All the ingredients are easily available in the market or any online coffee store. You can order coffee online and any other ingredients from online stores and they will be delivered right at your doorstep. For more such interesting recipes keep reading http://javatimescaffe.com/blog. Happy Baking!!!!