Owning a coffee shop business is a very cool idea for a first business venture. Many people actually think of starting a coffee place but don’t for a number of reasons. Some don’t have enough capital and think that that’s the end of their coffee shop dreams. You can loan money from a bank or from investors, so it isn’t impossible to starting your own coffee shop with very little money.
Another thing that prevents people from opening their own coffee business is they think there are already too many coffee houses around. They don’t want to compete with other cafes. This is how a pessimist thinks. Are you a pessimist? Or do you feel that you can make a coffee shop business work? The good news is there are some things you can do to make a coffee house more competitive and profitable.
1) Provide a service aside from serving good coffee. These days a coffee shop needs to have Wi-Fi. A free one at that coz you can get free Wi-Fi somewhere else. Some people like to work or surf while having their coffee. So, make your coffee shop business friendly to people who need to go online. Provide fast Internet and some tables that are suitable for them to place laptops on.
2) Employ workers with good work ethics and who can project a good image for your cafe. Like they say, your employees are a reflection of you, and your coffee shop business. Screen your employees well and pick those with an upbeat and pleasant personality. Observe your staff during peak hours and see who are able to handle pressure well without becoming visibly irritable. It can get crazy during peak hours. You will want to retain staff who can still stay pleasant and work efficiently even when under pressure.
3) Find a location where many coffee drinker hang out. These places are universities, libraries or bookstores, and office buildings. You must also see if there are already other coffee shops in that area. Check new communities that are being developed. You will have a better chance of success in places where you set-up shop first. You can look for new communities being constructed by surfing on websites of real estate developers.
4) Take note of the atmosphere in your shop. It is important that people outside your coffee house can also see a comfy looking coffee house. It will encourage people to come inside. Use a dimmer to adjust lighting, you don’t want your lights to be too bright or too white; furnish your cafe with comfortable couches; provide some reading material; and use colors and artworks to make your coffee shop business more inviting.
5) Use quality coffee beans that are freshly ground to bring out rich flavor. You don’t want to sacrifice flavor for profits. Coffee junkies are willing to pay more to drink good coffee in a nice coffee house. You can also sell coffee beans and ground coffee to customers. That will also add to your profits and make people come in the shop to buy their weekly supply of coffee for their home. Once they are inside, they will likely have a cup of coffee and maybe have something to eat.
You can still find other ways to make your cafe click. Being popular in the coffee shop business will always get you many customers. Serve food at your cafe because some people will want to eat something aside from having coffee. Offer desserts, cookies, pastries and cakes. Teach your servers not to make your customers wait too long. When the craving for caffeine comes, your customer will want their fix right away. To know more about starting a coffee shop business please visit here: – http://javatimescaffe.com/